Un articol interesant despre cum discrepanța imensă intre „top 1%” și „99%”, istoric vorbind, se termină cu revolte de stradă:
Câteva idei extrase:
- No society can sustain this kind of rising inequality
- Revolutions, like bankruptcies, come gradually, and then suddenly
- The model for rich guys here should be Henry Ford, who realized that all his autoworkers in Michigan weren’t only cheap labor to be exploited; they were consumers, too
- If workers have more money, businesses have more customers.
- During the past three decades, compensation for CEOs grew 127 times faster than it did for workers.
- The thing about us business people is that we love our customers rich and our employees poor
- Seattle example regarding minimum wage as a winning example
- Wal-mart example as a loosing example
- If people are getting $15 an hour or more, they don’t need food stamps
- Capitalism left unchecked tends toward concentration and collapse
Nu fi egoist, dă mai departe să ajungă la tot poporul